You have the right to cancel your agreement for a program of instruction, without any penalty or obligations, through attendance at the first class session or the seventh day after enrollment, whichever is later. After the end of the cancellation period, you also have the right to withdraw at any time; and you have the right to receive a pro rata refund if you have completed 60 percent or less of the scheduled clock hours in the current payment period (also known as period of attendance) in your program through the last day of attendance. After completion of more than 60% of the scheduled clock hours in the period of attendance, the student is not entitled to a pro rata refund, and any funds remaining in the student’s account will be considered additional earned tuition.
If the student has received federal student financial aid funds, student is entitled to a refund of moneys not paid from federal student financial aid program funds. Your refund rights are further described in the enrollment agreement. If you have lost your signed enrollment agreement, you may ask the school for a copy.
The following procedures apply to students who wish to cancel the enrollment agreement or drop/withdraw from the institution:
1. Cancellation/Withdrawal is determined when either of the following occur:
- the student provides a written notice of cancellation/withdrawal at the following address: 43770 15th St. W., Suite 115, Lancaster CA, 93534 or 2051 Solar Dr Unit 100, Oxnard, CA 93036 or 22500 Town Circle, Suite 2205 Moreno Valley, CA 92553. This can be done by mail or hand delivery. The timeframes outlined above will determine whether it is a cancellation or withdrawal;
- the student communicates their intent to cancel or withdraw verbally, by stating they are cancelling or withdrawing, or by conduct, such as not attending class.
In the case of a student not attending any class after eight consecutive days, the school will designate the student as a no-show which is the equivalent of a cancellation. If the student attends class for a day or more, consecutively, but less than five, the student will be classified as a drop/withdrawal after the eighth consecutive absence. If the student attends class for more than five days and then stops attending, the student will be determined as terminated after the eighth consecutive day under the attendance policy.
2. The notice of cancellation/withdrawal is effective when communicated to administrative personnel but in no event will it exceed the eighth consecutive absence.
3. The notice of cancellation/withdrawal need not take any particular form and, however expressed, it is effective if it shows that the student no longer wishes to be bound by the Enrollment Agreement.
4. If the Enrollment Agreement is cancelled the school will refund the student any money he/she paid, less a Registration or administration fee not to exceed $80.00, STRF fee and less any cost of any books returned in good condition (books must Page | 47 CCI Student Handbook/Catalog be in reusable condition and may not be marked or damaged in any way).
5. If the institution cancels a class 100% of the tuition and fees collected is reimbursed. If the student drops/withdraws or is terminated the student will receive a pro rata refund if he/she has completed 60 percent or less of the scheduled clock hours in the payment period, less a Registration or administration fee not to exceed $80.00, STRF fee and less any cost of any books returned in good condition (books must be in reusable condition and may not be marked/damaged in any way), within the current payment period in your program through the last day of attendance. If the student drops/withdraws or is terminated after completing 60% of the scheduled clock hours in the payment period (period of attendance), any additional funds remaining in the student account will be considered additional earned tuition. Refunds, when due will be made without requiring a request from the student. Refunds are processed within 45 days of the last day of attendance if written notification has been provided to the institution or from the date the institution terminates the student or determines withdrawal by student.
SITE DESIGNED BY: KreativeVue Marketing & Advertising